Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Sick as a Dog

That was me on Monday night and part of Tuesday. I think I had the same thing that D had a couple of weeks ago, but man was it rough. I had a class at 1:30 on Monday and was fine then. But afterward, I had a class from 5:30 to 7:30 and actually had to end a few minutes early because I had started feeling pretty bad during the class. So I left and got on the metro, where I had to go 8 stops to get to the Institute. About 4 stops into the ride, I started thinking... crap, I´m not going to make it. I got off at U Catolica and sat down for a few minutes, hoping that would help. Yeahhhh, not so much. I got back on and made it to the Institute, thankfully... but barely made it to the bathroom before I lost it. Vomitando ALL over the place. Poor janitors. I was supposed to have a class at 8:20 that night, but I had to cancel that, because I knew there was no way I´d make it through an hour and a half of class. And it´s a good thing I cancelled too, because I ended up throwing up 5 more times that night and into Tuesday morning. Wonderful. Thankfully, I am feeling better now, but I´m still sick as a dog of something else...

NOT being told important things by the Institute. I know I´ve opined on the lack of organization here, but SERIOUSLY, this is ridiculous. It´s not like these are things you could intuit, things that should be obvious to any new employee at any random company. No no... these are things nobody would know unless they were told. And I haven´t been told jack squat. And I´m tired of it. What also sucks is the suckiness (lovely writing, I know) of the Institute reflecting poorly on me. Case in point, the class I had to cancel on Monday night... when I took over this class, they had already had 2 professors, just temporary teachers until the Institute finally found someone (me) willing to take the class. So the students were already fed up with the Institute constantly switching professors on them. So today while at the Institute, I talk to one of the ladies in charge of these classes and she tells me that the students were very ¨molestados¨ by having to have a substitute teacher on Monday night. She said that they understood the situation, that I was sick and everything, but they are still upset with having had so many different teachers for this course. So, to the Institute, I would just like to say a big, sarcastic THANK YOU. Thank you for screwing me over. Now I am actually dreading going to this class tonight and having to face my students. Hopefully they won´t be too pissed off... but seriously, I was throwing up like once every hour, what was I supposed to do?

5 comments:

Isabel said...

oh no! that totally sucks. i hope you're feeling better. i can't imagine how terrible that must have been to have to be on the metro while being a punto de vomitar.

regarding said institute, you can't worry about what your students will think. i'm pretty sure they understand it's the institute and not the teacher. BUT, it would be really nice if this institute acknowledged that that sort of disorganization is a bad reflection on the entire institute, not the teacher.

how did everything go tonight??

Abby said...

ugh...that sounds atroz!!

I just watched Schindler's List...I think it was you who said it was your favorite movie. I really liked it too, although it was really intense and I'll probably have trouble falling asleep tonight.

Shannon. said...

Ah that sucks!! I hope you are better!
Ro and I are going to the beach tonight and then partying tonight, but I don't know what we are going to do tomorrow, I don't really plan anything anymore because something always pops up! But we need to get together soon!!! Are you ready for the third book yet?? I am sending the books back to MN in December because they are heavy and Ro and I are going to have a long long journey home so the less we have the better.
What are you guys doing for Halloween??

Shannon. said...

we are having a party here tomorrow night you should come. if you need a ride, we have the car so everything is cool!! I dont work anymore, so anytime you want to do something call me!! i have a new phone I dont know if i gave you the number...if not this is it: 85248243 all or text we can plan something!! i am going to fantasilandia with a friend from work and her friend, we are odd, so if you can go let me know we need a forth person because i hate riding rides with strangers!! we are going on the 8th and we have cheaper tickets because the guy that is going knows someone who knows someone i guess, but let me know!!!

Sara said...

I'm about up to *HERE* with institute crap. It's pathetic. Good luck!