Friday, October 17, 2008

Oh, Gmail

If you have Gmail like I do, you´ve probably noticed the slightly-creepy tendency of this email program to take words from your emails and try to read your mind, offering you ¨related¨links. I put related in quotation marks because, really, 9 times out of 10 the links have nothing to do with your original thoughts. I mean, thanks Gmail, but no thanks. I don´t really need you pulling random words from the subject line or content of my emails and attempting to dazzle me with some amazing link.

Case in point: today, after checking my Inbox, I decided to click on the ¨Spam¨folder and delete all of its contents (what reaches that folder could be a whole post in itself). After doing so, the oh-so-helpful ¨related¨link caught my eye. But did it have to do with a random word from one of the spam messages? The subject line from one of said messages? Oh, no. It had to do with the word ¨spam¨itself. The link? A recipe for none other than ¨Spam Veggie Pita Pockets.¨ Mmmmmmm, nothing says delicious lunch quite like Spam. Heck, if it had just said ¨Veggie Pita Pockets¨, I may have been tempted to click on the link. But they had to go and ruin a perfectly good recipe with Spam. Figures.

The point of this post? It´s the small things in life that entertain me, folks.

No comments: