Wednesday, October 15, 2008

If You´re the Praying Type...

Please pray that the Institute will approve my request for vacation days to go home for Christmas. I love Chile and everything, but I have never spent a Christmas away from my family, and I don´t want to start now. ESPECIALLY as this will be my nephew´s first Christmas. He´ll be 6 months old... I don´t even have enough time or space here to tell you how much he and the rest of my family mean to me. It kills me that I´m missing watching him grow up. I just went to the personnel lady´s office to turn in my vacation time request, and she told me to wait a few minutes as she talked to the director. During that time, I just about teared up even thinking of the possibility of them telling me no. When she came back, she told me to return again on Monday and she would have an answer for me. So if you´re the praying type like me, please pray that I´ll be able to spend Christmas at home with my family. If not, well wishes or positive thoughts would also be appreciated!

4 comments:

Mamacita Chilena said...

If they don't approve your time off just quit and start working at a new institute!!!! Family before work, your English teaching career will always be here for you when you get back.

Jessica said...

family before work, so very true! thanks Kyle :)

Shannon. said...

I'll attempt to make a prayer for you. I am not a very good pray-er, nothing I ask for is ever given so if they say no you can blame it on me and my unanswered prayers.

As far as Sunday night, I don't think I will do anything because RO works thurs fri and sat night so he will be awake and able to be with me Sunday night. Can you do anything on Saturday night??

Sara said...

Kyle's right. They don't pay you enough to put up with that crap. If they tell you no, stick it out for a few more weeks then tell them you decided to move back permanently or something.