Friday, October 24, 2008

A Brief Explanation...

Here I go again with 2 posts in one day. But I finally came up with a new title for my blog, so I wanted to explain just a bit... ¨Jet¨ is my nickname. Actually, I don´t think any of my new gringa friends here know that yet, so... now you do. It´s what all of my Chilean friends call me, and even D´s parents. I got that nickname about 2 and a half years ago. Sometime I´ll explain more. Anyway, I´m sort of the ¨jet-setter¨ of my family, since I´m the only one who really travels much. But now I feel more like I´m settling in Santiago, at least for a couple of years. Hence ¨jet-settling.¨ I actually felt proud of myself for about a half-second, thinking I was being innovative... then I did a Google search and realized I´m not as creative as I thought. Turns out someone had already coined the term ¨jet-settler¨, probably a long time ago. Oh well, whatever. So, welcome to my newly named blog!

5 comments:

Abby said...

I love your new title! Who cares if you weren't the first to come up with it. I've never heard it before...:)

Shannon. said...

I like the title!! I need a new one, but I think I will change it when I get back to the States.

Sara said...

SO! I have always wondered why your blog was soylajet. Now I know. Sweet. Well, if you only found one other person, or even a handful with that name, it is still pretty creative. Think of how many blogs exist out there. I found another La Gringuita who wrote an account of her stay in Nicarauga. But, she stoped writing randomly about two years ago, so I think I'm safe.

Jessica said...

haha thanks girls! that´s cool that you´re the only La Gringuita blog now, Sara. ;)

Leigh said...

Great title! I copied your post idea on my blog. To be honest, the first time I heard the phrase "jet set" was here in Chile.