Monday, October 20, 2008

One Step Down...

Half a million more to go. BUT, the good news is, I sent in my visa papers a week and a half ago and got the lovely brown envelope in the mail! So now I´ve got my ¨temporary¨ work visa type thing... and now I wait for another lovely envelope, which I have to take to Policia Internacional, and 5 million years later I finally get my carnet! So what does it mean at this point? It means that I don´t have to deal with going to Mendoza every 3 months. I mean, I really do like Mendoza and everything, but I don´t have the money to be leaving every 3 months.

And, not to count my chickens before they hatch, but it seems the Institute is going to approve my vacation request. Which is great news, because I really didnt want to have to quit. AND, even better, they are willing to give me a few extra days. So if everything works out, I will be leaving here on Saturday, December 20 and not coming back until January 4. :) Thank the Lord for some good news!!

2 comments:

Isabel said...

yay, visas! too bad i still haven't gotten mine. oh well, and we so have the same vacation dates. i bet that'll make the institute soooo happy! at least you beat me to the punch in the request. i'm gonna have to spring it on them pretty soon...

Shannon. said...

Doesn't it feel good knowing you don't have to leave the country! I have my "temporary" dealio too, they told me I won't get the thing to bring to the policia until January 6th!! That seems way to far away!!