Wednesday, October 8, 2008

An Open Letter to the Lady at the Notaria

Dear Lady Who Cut in Front of Me in Line,

I had been waiting for 20 minutes for the Notaria to open so that I could finally sign this contract for work. Oh, and by the way, those heels I was wearing? NOT very comfortable. In other words, I was excited to be 2nd in line, so that I could get the heck out of there and into more comfortable shoes. Meanwhile, here you come... you wait 5 minutes, compared to my 20, and then you proceed to cut in front of me when the Notaria finally opens. Thanks for ignoring my attempts to bring this to your attention. Also, thanks for wasting my time by discussing your personal hygiene habits as they related to fingernails as I waited in line. Clearly, that´s a good idea when there are 70 million people waiting in line behind you. You know, to make small talk with the Notaria worker about which nail polish color is currently in fashion. After all, it´s not like I had anywhere else to be. Wait, that´s right... I DID have somewhere else to be. Silly me. I hadn´t had time to eat lunch yet, so I was starving, and I also had to drop off this contract and get to my next class. But let´s forget about that... because after all, this is your world and we´re all just living in it, right?

Sincerely,
Chata de personas asì

2 comments:

Sara said...

I had some guy try to slip in front of me today at a cafe on la U. Catolica. I looked at him square in the face, and step in front of him once more, where I had been before he oh so sneakily tried to weasle his way in front of me while I was checking the time on my cell phone.

Shannon. said...

wow. the other day, a lady was in front of me in line at a restaurant, and she took FOREVER! She kept shoving people back so she could get something the she passed up, then she tasted everything she put on her plate from the salad bar before she continued on to the main course, THEN!!!! She ate off of the spoon!! With about 10 people behind her!! I made damn sure I watched where that spoon went so I wouldn´t use it. Who the hell does that?? And THEN, she tasted everything that the people gave her for her main course before moving on, and also she had to taste her soda too, of course! I was so pissed I don´t know what the hell she was thinking but I wanted to slap her! She didn´t cut in line but shit, she knew how to hold it up!!