Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Changing Lives for the Better

I´m betting if you´re reading this right now, you are also an avid reader of Kyle´s blog, Just Married Chilean Style. And if not, there´s never been a better time to start reading, because Kyle and her husband are doing something that will literally change someone´s life for the better. It actually makes me look at myself and wonder - what have I done lately to change someone´s life? Anyway, here´s the deal: Kyle and her husband, S., are good friends with a young man named Marcelo who works in construction. M. busts his butt everyday at his job and is quite talented at it. The only problem is, his level of education is holding him back from earning a more decent living and being able to adequately provide for a family. This is where Kyle and S. come in - they have pledged to pay for Marcelo to attend a great technical school and earn his degree, so that he DOES have the opportunity to earn a decent living. I honestly can´t think of many ideas that are better than that. Now for the part where YOU (and I) come in - Kyle is quite a talented photographer, and all of the proceeds from her photography business will go to paying for Marcelo´s education. I´m putting the link below to her blog post explaining all of this, but just know - every little bit you can give, every print you can buy, is contributing to the education of a young man that many people believe in.


http://ohquepasa.blogspot.com/2008/10/art-for-good.html

1 comment:

Mamacita Chilena said...

Thanks for spreading the word Jessica, I really appreciate it!!!