Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Show Me the Money

...Yeah right, I wish. BUT at least I do have a job now, which makes me very happy. So far, I have 2 classes. Not much, but they seem to keep adding more on, so that helps. One of my classes is a conversation class with 5 students, on MWF from 1:30 to 3:00. The other class has only one student (yay!), and is Monday through Friday from 5:30 to 7:00 pm. I'm thinking of trying to do private classes too, to supplement what I'll be making at the Institute. And yes, it will always be referred to as the "Institute", after reading about the Big Brother-like activities of another institute that shall remain nameless . Anyway, I'm actually excited about my classes, so we'll see what happens!

In other news, I think I annoyed the crap out of the guy working at the little Kodak store in Lider the other day. I needed to get 4 photos taken, Carnet size, with my passport number on them. So he took the photos, and was editing them to include my passport number when he asked if I wanted to include my name too. I thought, "hmmmm, maybe I should, just in case." So I spelled out my whole name for him, he typed it in, etc etc. He was just about to print the pictures when he asked me if I was sure everything was fine with the pictures. I hesitated, and was thinking, "the director at the Institute just told me to put my passport number, not my name... I don't want to screw this up and have to come back AGAIN." So I asked him to erase my name and just leave the number. It was at this point that he informed me he was going to have me sent back to the U.S. Then he thought about it and decided he'd rather send me to Venezuela and let Chavez deal with me. I assured him there was a tip in it for him if he printed the pictures for me with just my passport number. It was tense for a second... I felt like I was on the hot seat on "Who Wants to be a Millionaire?", with the Chilean version of Regis Philbin asking me, "Is that your final answer?".. yes, it's my final answer, please print the pictures this way. Poor guy.

3 comments:

Shannon. said...

WHAT ARE YOU DOING TONIGHT?
Ro and I are both off til next Monday!! So we are having a party here!!! Come if you can!!!
Also I just want to know if you and Diego are still on for Friday?
We are planning on leaving at 11 am! Let me know!!

Shannon. said...

ok yeah, we are meeting here at the house. I dont even know who is all going now! And we have the smaller car so we are in the process of figuring out how everyone is going to fit!! ITs going to be fun!!

Sara said...

Question! Were you referring to my "Big Brother" experience with a well know institute here? If not, I should warn you. It was a little dramatic and you should be careful. It's actually now why I don't mind being under the radar, so to say, and not having to whore myself out for those stupid big name institutes.
ANYWAYS... nuff with the negative stuff. Congrats on landing a job!