Friday, September 26, 2008

Might Be a Quarter Life Crisis...

I turned 25 years old today. Wow, that looks old when I see it typed out... does anyone else think that´s old? I´m not complaining, though... as my dad always says,¨beats the alternative¨(the alternative being dying, not growing younger haha). Today started out... well, in a way. I was supposed to have a class at 8:00 this morning, and I got to the company only to wait..and wait..and wait some more. Finally at 8:45, some woman came and told me, ¨sorry, your student had a problem and won´t be able to come today - he sends his apologies.¨ My first 2 thoughts: 1) Problem = couldn´t get out of bed in time? and 2) You´re telling me this at 8:45 WHY? ... But in the end, I figured, what the heck. It´s my birthday, and this is my first birthday present. Because I still get paid even though I didn´t have class. So I took myself to Starbucks and got a Grande coffee to wake up. And as I was sitting there, I thought.. I´ve been living for 25 years - have I even accomplished anything of merit in all that time? Then I looked at my watch and realized it was way too early in the morning for such deep thoughts. Better to leave that one until at least... noon.

7 comments:

Emily said...

Happy birthday! I think birthdays mean a free-pass in terms of avoiding deep thoughts all day :)

Mamacita Chilena said...

Happy Birthday! Try not to think about the people who founded Myspace when they were like twelve, hahaha, that always gets me down too.

Any big birthday plans???

Leigh said...

Feliz cumple! I'm coming up on 25 and know exactly how you feel. Think of it this way: You've accomplished a great deal by having the courage to move to a foreign country by yourself!

Sara said...

Today is your birthday? Well, feliz cumpleanos chica! Que lo pases super bien!
I think all of us gringas need to get together for coffee or sushi or something. What do you think?

Valentina said...

happy birthday!!!!!!!!!!!

have a great day!!!



besos y abrazos de una chilena de 24!!

;-)

Shannon. said...

I hope you had a good Bday!! Sorry we couldn´t come last night, we didn´t have a car. Apparently one, the one we planned on taking had to be taken in, which is somehting i never understand because it wasn´t broken!! I don´t get it, if its not broke don´t fix it!!! I guess there was a scratch on the bumper so they took it to get repainted...because god forbid you drive a 1995 nissan with a freaking scratch on the bumper!
anyways! I hope you had lots of fun!! we'll have to get together soon!!

Jessica said...

thanks everybody! :)