Monday, February 2, 2009

25 Things

I know you´re all just dying to know 25 random things about me (note the sarcasm), so I won´t keep you in suspense any longer. I´m sure you´ve seen this floating around on the internet, so here´s my own contribution:

1. I used to HATE my middle name (it´s a family name), but now I absolutely love it because I think it´s unique.

2. I started working when I was 14 years old (I did babysit before that, but I´m not counting that) at the concert pavilion in Raleigh, as a parking attendant. My favorite question posed to me by drunk people at the end of the night, ¨Can you tell me what parking lot my car is in?¨ ... (then, after asking them to describe it some more, location, etc.), ¨Ummm, it was in a big parking lot with gravel.¨ That was when I just started shaking my head.

3. I (like Abby) saved up money all on my own to buy my own horse. I even had a name picked out (Sierra), but when it came down to it, my parents said I could get a car or a horse, but not both. It was a tough decision, seriously, but I opted for the car.

4. I took English riding lessons for 5 years, and tap lessons for 5.

5. I took piano lessons for 10 years - my best moment was when one of my piano teachers told my dad he´d only had one other student like me, and that student was now at Juilliard. (did I make it to Juilliard? no way haha)

6. When I was a sophomore in high school, I saw The Silence of the Lambs for the 1st time and wanted to be an FBI Special Agent after that. Seriously.

7. For 2 years in college, I worked as a volunteer at John Umstead Psychiatric Hospital, working with schizophrenic patients. Amazing experience that I truly miss.

8. I took 2 semesters of German in college, but hardly remember anything now.

9. My secret (or not-so-secret now) dream right now is to learn Portugese.

10. When I was 10 years old, I chipped my tooth on the side of a swimming pool, and then later that same day, broke my arm falling off a horse. A day hereafter referred to as ¨Black Wednesday.¨

11. My favorite food is macaroni and cheese, and I think I could eat it every day.

12. After graduating college, I spent a summer in Salamanca, Spain.

13. That summer changed my life - before I went, I was enrolled in law school and had an apartment lease and everything. After I came back, I decided I didn´t want to go to law school anymore.

14. The one country I´ve really really wanted to visit for as long as I can remember is Italy. Specifically, Tuscany.

15. My dream job would be to write for Rolling Stone magazine.

16. I once dated a guy who was 11 years older than me. For like, 2 months.

17. I´ve also dated a couple of my brother´s best friends. Not a good idea.

18. My favorite flavor of ice cream is strawberry.

19. I have a Boston Terrier named Maggie, the sweetest dog on earth. Before that, I had a BT named Buster, also the sweetest dog ever.

20. I only have one living grandparent left, and she is unbelievably crazy and mean, unfortunately.

21. The first time I went anywhere with D (just me and him) was to buy strings for my guitar. That was over a year and a half ago!

22. I´ve always been very close to my parents and my brother - when we were in college, we used to go on road trips together to Tar Heels basketball games.

23. While at UNC, I met Ben Stein one night when he came to give a speech, and he told me I was pretty (probably told ALL the girls that!) ;)

24. While I can be flexible on many issues, one I won´t ever compromise on is abortion. I think it is absolutely wrong.

25. I really do love reading comments left on my blog, I can just be incredibly lazy when it comes to responding to them. But keep leaving them, I love em!

3 comments:

Shannon. said...

I think I should do one of these sometime. I like when people comment on my blog too, I havent had anything very exciting to write about lately.

Valentina said...

And....What´s your middle name??

Renée said...

I can totally relate to the whole grandma thing. I try to love her although at times it can be super hard.