Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I´m Lazy

That´s just all there is to it. I´ve been thinking about why I haven´t written a post in like, a million years, and have been trying to convince myself that I´ve been too busy. You know, because I have SO many classes to teach right now (insert sarcastic eye-rolling here). But nope, it´s just that I´m lazy. That, and I´ve had no inspiration as of late. As much as I love Santiago (and I do), sometimes I feel like the city and the insufferable heat is sucking out my soul. I desperately need an escape to Viña or La Serena, or somewhere that isn´t Santiago. Luckily, I do get an escape to cold weather in about a month from now. I think that´ll do a lot of good for me. To see my family again, play with my little 5-month-old nephew, drink REAL coffee again, go to Barnes and Noble, etc etc. O sea, all the stuff I´ve been missing for the past 3 months. Anyway, I´ll write a more substantial post later, but I wanted to at least write SOMETHING for now, if for nothing else than to reassure myself that I can still put together a cogent thought. Although maybe the jury´s still out on that one, you tell me.

2 comments:

Shannon. said...

You might be right, I think the heat of this city is sucking out my soul too! I never have anything that interesting to write about!! I can for some reason always think of something to write about when I am drunk and I can write it out in my mind but by the morning my brain just goes....blank! I think we are having a SPOONS night on Friday!! Have you ever played spoons?? It'll be fun and I hope you can come!!!

Sara said...

HERE'S FOR REAL COFFEE!!!! Hells yeh!!!

Oh... it's sucking out my soul too. I think I might have left it on the metro. If you see her, can you tell her I miss her?