Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Good News!

Well, my week just got infinitely better. Yesterday, I found out that the Institute has approved my nearly 2-week vacation, meaning I´m leaving on December 20th to go home for Christmas!!! I mean, I would´ve gone anyway, but I feel better now knowing that I have ¨official¨ approval and all that... because the truth is, this is a fairly good-paying job for Chile, and I´m getting a visa through it and all that jazz. So I didn´t really wanna rock the boat, if you know what I mean.

The other piece of good news is that I checked the status of my visa online today, and it has been officially approved! So now I just wait for the 2nd letter telling me about this official approval, and then I have to take a bunch of papers to El Centro and all that, etc etc. But point being, my visa is approved! And not the temporary one either, the real deal. So right now, I´m feelin pretty good... I think I´ll start making a list of all the things I want to eat and all the places I want to go when I get home in December. :)

7 comments:

lydia said...

weird, i never thought of even looking into that, how'd you end up with a non-temporary residence visa off the bat? or did i miss something

Valentina said...

congrats!

Anonymous said...

Yay! Congrats

Abby said...

that's so exciting! hey, would you mind telling me what institute you're working for? if you want to email me instead of comment for all of blog-o-landia to see, you can email me at abbyslines (at) gmail (dot) com. it seems that you are pretty happy there...or maybe it's just that you don't complain as much in you blog, but i'm just kind of trying to get a feel for where i want to work. thanks!!

Sara said...

Awesome! It always feels better to do things with the official approval. Plus, you are right. The good paying part plus the visa is really awesome.

Shannon. said...

Congrats! aren't you happy that you have the right visa while losers such as me that for some reason still trust a majority of Chilean "officials" have to go to the extranjeria AGAIN tomorro because they were "closed" at 12:30 today for "training" seriously I would like to see this training I have a feeling it involves sitting around planning ways to piss everyone that walks through the doors off.

Jessica said...

lydia - maybe i said it wrong? haha could be... what i´ll have is a work visa that is good for 1 year... but i just mean it´s not temporary as in, the 1st piece of paper i received was referred to as my temporary work visa, what i´d have until i got the real one. now i´ll be able to get a Carnet and all that good stuff!

Vale and Clare - thanks!!

Abby - yep, no problem, i will definitely email you.

Sara - no kidding. definitely don´t want to give this up!

Shannon - that seriously sucks what happened with your visa... i bet you´re just ready for all this crap to be over!