Thursday, December 11, 2008

Why I Love My University...

Cuz we´ve got spirit! And we´re occasionally pretty crazy, as evidenced by the video I´m about to link (actually I´m not sure how to link, so I´ll just copy the URL).

¨On Dec. 9th, 2008 in order to break up the stresses of fall semester exam week, UNC-Chapel Hill students flash raved their Undergraduate Library. Without warning to those that were unaware, hundreds of students packed the library lobby and brought it hardcore for over 8 minutes.¨

Indeed. Final exam week has been known to bring out the craziest in college students everywhere, and students at my alma mater, Carolina, are no exception. Impromptu rave parties in the UL? Rock on. You don´t have to watch all 4 minutes, but fast forward to the end where the students show some Tar Heel spirit in the form of our alma mater and favorite game-day chant:

Hark the sound of Tar Heel voices
Ringing clear and true
Singing Carolina´s praises
Shouting NCU (N C U!)
Hail to the brightest star of all
Clear its radiance shine
Carolina, priceless gem
Receive all praises thine

And the chant...

I´m a Tar Heel born
I´m a Tar Heel bred
And when I die
I´m a Tar Heel dead
So it´s rah rah, Carolina-lina
Rah rah, Carolina-lina
Rah rah, Carolina-lina
GO TO HELL DUKE!

Can you tell I´m feeling just a little nostalgic at the moment? ;) Here´s the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruEMaDZWRcs

No comments: