Tuesday, April 7, 2009

TAR HEELS: 2009 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!!!!!!





WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh jeez, where to freaking start.. so I realize not everyone is as big of a college basketball fan as I am, but hopefully everyone at least knew that the national championship game was tonight (well, technically last night since it's now 3:40 in the morning), pitting Michigan St. against the Carolina Tar Heels (my alma mater). I made the drive this afternoon from Wilmington to Chapel Hill to watch the game in the Dean Dome with thousands of other screaming Tar Heel fans, and I'm SO glad I did. I lost my voice. I yelled. I screamed. I yelled some more. I jumped around when they played "Jump Around" at the beginning of the game. I jumped up and down and screamed and laughed in sheer freaking joy as the remaining seconds ticked off the clock, and my Tar Heels were officially announced as the 2009 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS. Then I yelled some more. And I sang the alma mater with my friends. And watched my Heels being awarded the championship trophy. And watched "One Shining Moment", which always brings tears to my eyes. I watched as Tyler Hansbrough, one of the most amazing players ever to play at Carolina, hugged Coach Roy Williams. And then...

I went out to Franklin St. and JUMPED OVER A BONFIRE. That's right, I did. And I'd do it again. Franklin Street is where we Tar Heels go to celebrate after beating dook (Duke) or winning a national championship. We set fires.... climb trees and light poles... occasionally flip over cars. You know, the standard fare. Jeez, was it a blast. So all I have to say is...

TAR HEELS, NATIONAL CHAMPS BABY!!!!! And this makes FIVE for us now - 1957, 1982, 1993, 2005 (my senior year!!!), and now 2009!!!! :) Can you tell I'm just a little bit happy??

1 comment:

Shannon. said...

I can't tell. Can't you put a little more !!!!!! and YAAAAAAAAY!!! into this/??? hahhaa just kidding congrats! I bet it was a great game to watch!!