Wednesday, July 9, 2008

I'm Just Not That Into You

You know that book "He's Just Not That Into You"? Well, if there's a version out there for men, this guy that works in my building needs to read it. BAD. In general, I consider myself a pretty friendly person. So when I pass someone in the hallway at work, I usually smile at them and say "hi." I didn't realize this would be such a big mistake. Now I've had not one, but two guys drop their phone numbers on my desk while I'm on a call with a customer. Very sneaky, guys. The first guy took the hint after I told him I had a boyfriend. This second guy, though... well, I've got to hand it to him, he's persistent. About 3 or 4 weeks ago, I was on a call with a customer and he did the whole slide-a-piece-of-paper-with-his-number-on-it-on-my-desk routine. This kind of annoyed me from the very beginning, because I couldn't even talk to him when he did it, as I was on the phone. BUT a couple of weeks before this, he had come over to my desk one day and talked to me for a couple of minutes, during which time we discussed the fact that I have a boyfriend, and he even saw the pictures of Diego I have up in my cube!

The thing about guy #2 is that on the paper where he wrote his number, he wrote "just for FRIENDS". Rrrrrrrright. Needless to say, I never called either of the guys. But guy #2 has started to creep me out, and mainly just annoy me because he won't leave me alone. He keeps coming up to me and saying, "you never called me." Then last week, I walked outside to my car to get something and he was standing outside and starts walking beside me. He looks me up and down and says "you're looking really good today." CREEPY, I'm telling you! Then today he comes up to my desk AGAIN when I was really busy with work, and says "I've got a new phone number... I'll have to get that to you by the time you leave today." And I'm thinking, what part of me not ever calling you in the last 4 weeks don't you understand? Can you not take a hint? Most normal guys would have given up LONG before now.

Basically it just frustrates me because I'm tired of having creepy guys hit on me at work. I come to work to WORK, to make money, nothing else (only because I hate this current job, so I just want to work my hours and go home). I have a right to do this, a right to come to work and not get hit on by weird guys, darnit! Oh well, only 17 more days of this job!! I'm definitely counting down the days...

2 comments:

Valentina said...

creepy guys are everywhere...
not only where you work...

just dont pay attention to them

in a few weeks you will be here with your love!!!!... and that´s the only thing to have in mind..

:-) take care!

Shannon. said...

That does suck. I hate the kind of guys that go after you only because they know you are taken!!
Hopefully the days go by faster for you. You must be excited!! I always hated the last few weeks of waiting!!
Especially the last few weeks at work because you get to the point where you really don't care the tiniest bit about anything at work. Before I left the only thing that kept me working was the thought of the money I needed!
Did you have any luck finding an apartment??
Talk to you later, good luck with the creepy guy!