Monday, June 23, 2008

Just For Fun, I Bring You...

The Top 10 Things I'd Rather Do Than Go to Work at My Current Job (in no particular order):

1. Wake up at 5:30 in the morning in Santiago. Walk to the micro stop in the pouring rain. Wait an hour for a micro. Take 2 micros. Go teach English classes until 7:30 at night. Walk back in the pouring rain to the micro stop. Wait another hour for a micro. Take 2 micros to get back home.

2. Listen to the latest Jessica Simpson album on repeat for a full 24-hour period.

3. In a similar vein as #2, watch a 24-hour marathon of "A Shot at Love with Tila Tequila."

4. Watch any basketball game with commentary by Dick Vitale.

5. Clean every bathroom in my house. Clean the kitchen. Wash every window, inside and out. Dust every visible surface. Vacuum every room.

6. Clean up the porch where my dog threw up on it after eating some weird, unidentifiable object.

7. Try to run a marathon without training at all.

8. Read every William Faulkner book without taking any breaks, except to go to the bathroom and eat something.

9. Translate Don Quixote from Spanish to English in its entirety. Then translate it back from English to Spanish. Then back from Spanish to English again one more time, just for good measure.

10. Eat the hottest pepper on earth, without drinking any water afterward.

2 comments:

Shannon. said...

hahaha, you must have a wonderful job!!!
I am so sick of mine here. These people are lazy!!! And I have about a billion things to do and then they make me do their shit too!!!!
I like the list, but I would add being hung by my feet from a 10 story building for about an hour. hahah
Are you counting down the days yet???

Valentina said...

wow! after read your list im pretty sure you will be so happy when you arrive to chile...

at the number one.. instead of rain.. you will have to write "really cold mornings" its so cold after 7am and after 5 pm!

bring clothes! haha